23 October 2007

Second sock syndrome


Yikes, I had the triple S threat on my first (real) sock! After I took my sock knitting class at Rosie's, I purchased a great reference book - Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. It's really clear and informative, with step-by-step instructions on how to knit socks of almost any weight. I had some sport weight yarn in my stash, so I whipped up my first adult-sized sock. And it was perfect (to me, at least)! It was so comfy and felt squishy under my feet, and my gussets looked great. I was so proud! But for some reason, I didn't start on the second sock right away. Then I went on vacation and abandoned all knitting for a week. When I came back, I wasn't in the mood for sock knitting. By the time I finally felt like knitting the partner for my lone, perfect sock, I'd forgotten what moderations I'd made to the pattern! Argh. Poor lonely sock.
Lessons learned: Take clear notes of any mods made to the first sock! Don't wait a month and half before starting the second sock! Learn how to do two socks on two circs!

No comments: